Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Now Tornado's REALLY scare me!

So looks like we dodged a bullet...but not without SERIOUS scary times! A funnel cloud developed almost right above us!!! The sirens started blaring and we grabbed our boys and took cover as best we could. My brother-in-law Scott does HAM radio and he called to give us an update while it was all going on. The cloud did not turn into a tornado...at least while it was in our area.

The storm is still going on just to the east of us and there are a ton of circulating clouds. We are out of the woods, though, it seems. We just put our boys back to bed and I'm ready to pack up and move (at least to a first story apartment! Too bad that's not going to happen any time soon).

Yikes!

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

In all my growing up in Kansas I saw many a funnel cloud/tornado, but was never devastated by one. They seem to have an affinity for trailer parks.

But this is why everyone I've ever known living in the midwest has a house with a basment. They are a MUST for tornado alley. Glad to hear you're safe!!!! Just in case....do you have friens/family close by with a basement where you might spend some time?

Anna said...

Nobody has basements here nor do most people have storm cellars...I would not be nearly so afraid if I knew someone who did.