First topic: The Election...loved it!
Second topic: Sleep. My little boys need their sleep and they usually have no problem getting it. Marcus and I recently made a drastic change to their sleep schedule, however, and although they adjusted just fine, I think I am still working on one part of it.
With Daylight Savings Time ending it is nice and dark nice and early. Marcus gets home from work around 4:30 every day so the boys have plenty of time with him. SO we decided to make their bedtime 7:00. That's right folks, 7:00! It's wonderful because Marcus and I get to have a fantastically-kids-free evening every night. Both boys sleep through the night (with the exception of one quick feeding for James) and then wake-up around 6:30. This is the part I am still trying to get used to.
I know many of you out there get up WAY earlier than that, but I have not had to since last fall semester and it has rocked my world. The up-side to it is that Marcus gets up about 6:30 as well so our entire family is on the same schedule. Kind of nice.
James has two little naps during the day and Connor has "quiet time" in the afternoon which leads to him falling asleep about every-other-day. Not too bad.
2 comments:
We love 7pm bed time. Curtis has now been extended to 8pm. Not as great but better than having him up earlier than the normal 6:30. I too don't like the early mornings but that is when John is up getting ready for work so that means most mornings we can eat breakfast all together as a family. I hope you get use to the early mornings. Enjoy your kid free nights!
I have 6 kids and I always put mine to bed at 7:00 when they were younger!! I loved it!! If it weren't for the fact they all can tell time now, I would still be doing it! Although they now range from 11 to 18 years old now.
Post a Comment