Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let's Hear It For Falling Gas Prices!

I have been elated about the falling gas prices for some time now, but today I am nearly jumping out of my skin happy. As I was driving by my local Kroger gas station I saw the price for a gallon of gas was at $1.78. It was everything I could do to not pull over and fill up (even though I still had half a tank and KNEW if I did I would regret it in a few days when it's even cheaper!).

Anyway, Marcus and I call each other every time we see a new great gas price...SO, I called him to tell him about the $1.78 and he beat me with seeing it for $1.60-something on gasbuddy.com. AMAZING! I keep thinking the falling prices are going to level off...or worse, soar back up. BUT I welcome their continued fall for as long as they can!

7 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I do the same thing! I always think I should pull over and fill up even though I have half a tank or more, but know I'll regret tomorrow!

I LOVE IT!! I think the last time gas was under 2$ I was still single. Weird.

Joy said...

you get just as excited about gas prices as I do. Geoff couldn't care less! I love when they keep going down. I have always watched the prices high or low, but this is getting great. I just saw it for 2.01 and thought that was a deal. Texas must be pretty cheap, lucky you! Maybe it will get down to the price it was when I started driving, in cali that was like 1.19/gallon, that means utah was probably like .89 cents back then!

Connie and Brandon said...

It is so great. Utah isn't quite in the 1 dollar range like TX, but low 2 is awesome, for here I guess because it's significantly cheaper than it was before. So nice!

Fiona (Phebes) said...

OH!!! I am soooo emigrating!! We pay £1.20 a litre!

I wish our prices would come down over here. I don't get excited over prices but I do watch them, BUT I go to the same place incase there is a strike they will serve regular customers first. BUT tonight I am going to the Grocery store cos they are doing 5p off a litre!! see ya got me started!

Kathyb1960 said...

Oh man! You guys are lucky! Here is the West Texas town where I live, the lowest right now is 2.19! My sister lives North of Dallas, and she's mentioned 1.87. I can HARDLY wait for it to get under 2.00! YEA!

My Sr. Yr in HS in 1979 gas was actually under 1.00. Wonder if it'll get THAT low again. Hmmmm.

Kathy in West Texas

katie+brandon said...

I know!! Its FANTASTIC!!! last time I saw it it was still $2.05 here. Hopefully they keep falling!

Janille said...

It's not quite that low here...YET! But I'm with you, I'm LOVING it too!

Janille