Friday, June 12, 2009

The Village People Were Wrong!

It was NOT fun to stay at the YMCA today.

My very fit friend Typhanie convinced me to go with her to a circuit training work out class at the YMCA this morning. My little family joined the Y back in April and have really enjoyed going since (though we don't go as often as we should...meaning more than our once a week average...and Typhanie knows it).

Anyway

She convinced me to go to this class with her. Let me just say, what I thought was going to be one of those "from one weight machine to another" circuit work outs (like the ones at Curves, you know the kind) ended up being a mock try-out for the Dallas Cowboys and guess what, I didn't make the team! The things I was supposed to get my fat little body to do were just insane.

I quit 35 minutes in and went to the track to walk laps and try to get my head back. The room was spinning, my head was throbbing, my face was bright red, my arms and legs were shaking, and I think my heart rate was at its max.

Let's just say I am quite sore right now, and I think the next class I will be taking at the Y will be "water aerobics" or "intro to body movement"...not "advanced sports training"!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Yikes! That's how I felt with my first workout on my Wii Active game. I've only done it once. I hope you're feeling better soon! :)

Meg said...

Anna I am now back in the blogging world. My blogger erased all my contacts so I had to slowly add as I found people through other peoples blogs..stupid i know!

I just want you to know how thankful I am for your post. It made me laugh on a day where I really needed too!

Girl, I too have had trainers overwork me to the point when I was trying to walk out of the gym, my leg was skipping (jerking) in front of mre on it's own and I looked like I had some kind of handicap!
I LOVE water-aerobics! That's a good workout!
YOU GO GIRL!

katie+brandon said...

This is why those classes make me nervous... I'd probably die.

Anonymous said...

this is why I like curves

JimnAnne Ringle said...

Anna, I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read your post! Thanks for that!