Monday, October 13, 2008

Tag I'm It...AND...Tag I'm It

Tag #1 (Thanks Alyssa)

7 Random and/or Weird Facts About Yourself

1. I often forget that I am just 25...since Marcus is 31 I tend to think of us as both being 31 even though I know we're really not the same age. Sometimes when I remember my age I feel like I was given 6 years of my life back.

2. Marcus and I have "food days of the week"...aka, Asian/Island Monday, Salad Tuesday, Eat Out Wednesday, American Thursday, Italian Friday, Seafood Saturday, and Home-cookin' Sunday. I feel like such a weird deviant if we eat the "wrong" type of food on any given day of the week.

3. Ever since I saw on Oprah that a woman should throw her razor away after three uses I have done so religiously.

4. I also buy a new toothbrush every 3 months...just like I'm told I'm supposed to.

5. I do not know why I feel the need to follow rules (even if they're not REALLY important rules...).

6. I registered to vote with my married name and got denied...so I do not get to vote in this coming election. I am legally still Anna Osmond even though I did everything I was supposed to do to get it changed.

7. When I was in school I was ALWAYS thinking about how great it would be to be done with school. Now that I'm out I wish I was in at least one class.

Tag #2 (Thanks Meg)

8 Favorite TV Shows
1. Biggest Loser
2. House
3. The Office
4. Dr. Phil
5. Oprah
6. The Late Show with David Letterman
7. Live with Regis and Kelly
8. Good Morning America
(Is it sad I could easily add another 8?)

8 Favorite Restaurants
1. Roy's
2. Cafe Rio/Costa Vida
3. The Cheesecake Factory
4. Pei Wei/ PF Changs
5. Chipotle
6. Outback Steakhouse
7. Rain Forest Cafe
8. Papa Murphy's Take n' Bake

8 Things that Happened Yesterday
1. James had his naming and blessing.
2. My mom and sister flew back to Utah.
3. We had a big Poole family get-together to celebrate James' big day.
4. My car had to be jumped again because it needs a new battery.
5. I went to bed feeling EXHAUSTED (so did Marcus and our boys).
6. James woke up ZERO times during the night!
7. I reached the end of my rope with a certain situation and finally spoke my peace about it...aah the relief to not have to try to be the one who is accommodating and understanding (because unfortunately that approach did not work).
8. I wasn't a reverent example to my almost 5 year old nephew during sacrament meeting and his dad gave me "the look"...

8 Things to Look Forward To
1. Family get-together tonight.
2. Family get-together tomorrow.
3. BYU game here in Texas on Thursday.
4. Dressing my boys up in their Halloween costumes for a carnival on Friday.
5. Enrichment next Saturday.
6. Halloween!
7. Moving in November.
8. Christmas in Utah!

8 Things I Love About Fall
1. The leaves in Utah...
2. The first snow in Utah...
3. The crisp air in Utah...
4. Halloween.
5. Thanksgiving.
6. Sweaters (if it ever gets cold enough here in Texas).
7. The traditional colors and decorations.
8. The new TV line-ups.

8 Things On My Wish List
1. Cooler weather in Texas.
2. A good vacation with my hubby and kids.
3. An IKEA or Target gift card for when I move into my new apartment (so I can buy more organizational/storage things to put all my stuff away in...ahh...).
4. True financial freedom.
5. A calling I'll enjoy in my new ward (even though I'm REALLY enjoying not having one right now!).
6. A good babysitter who lives close by.
7. A good haircut and color.
8. A gym membership to the zone...(just four more weeks!).

4 comments:

katie+brandon said...

I'm glad your weekend went well! And I am so proud of you for standing up for yourself!

Wonder Woman said...

I heard a few months ago that blue is the least appetizing color, and you're likely to eat less when you eat out of blue dishes. So now I always try to save the blue one for myself.

It's weird how random things become habits we can't break.

So exciting about James' blessing and family in town!! I wish I could send you a target or ikea gift card. I'd love to decorate my home from those stores.

Cotton Queen said...

Shoot I wish I could go to IKEA and target with you forget the gift cards! Had an awesome time and thanks for hangin with me. Even thought I was not a good babysitter. LOL Can't wait till Christmas! Love ya!

Joy said...

About the game...
I actually think for Utah's sake it is GREAT that BYU lost because it puts them higher in the rankings, and gives them the National publicity rather than BYU. Of course, for you fans it would have been nice to see them go undefeated, but I know you would think the same thing if Utah lost. It's always better for the other team!
Fun that you got to go to the game though!!
I can't believe some of the "mormon" signs the TCU fans made, horrible!