Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Last Morning with Abby

I have been watching Abigail every weekday morning while both of her parents have been at work since the very beginning of May. I was so excited to get to have her come up at first because she and Connor play together so well and I thought they would have a lot of fun. Well...they did...until the lack of sleep (because they each have to wake up much earlier than normal now) caught up to them. The last few weeks have been tough with Connor being easily provoked and Abigail being super emotional.

Point of this post: Tomorrow morning is Abigail's mom's last day of work! Hooray! We love little Abigail but are excited to let her and Connor just get back to being the good friends that they are.

I have decided that daily babysitting is really not my thing (which is funny because I have been a full-time babysitter for three different families in the past). I think it is just difficult for me to make it a daily thing when I'm already taking care of my own child. Connor and I have developed quite a system and it simply doesn't work the same when it's not just the two of us. I also feel so weird having to discipline my best friend's little girl...I just want to be "Conya's Mom" again, as Abby calls me, and not have to tell her no and set rules and such.

Anyway, I guess that's about it! Hooray for tomorrow morning!

No comments: