Monday, June 30, 2008

Today's Doctor's Appointment

I had my appointment with Doctor Gourley this morning and it went great! My blood pressure is still WAY down at 103/72. During my last pregnancy it was 160's/90's at this point. My weight was down from my last visit by a few pounds (thanks to that fantastic loss of appetite) but my abdomen measured two cm larger. The funny thing is that I feel like I am bigger right now than I ever was with Connor, but I am still measuring smaller than I did with him. I also feel like James is bigger than Connor was...not huge, just bigger than four pounds. We'll be finding out soon. My C-Section is officially scheduled for July 25th at 7:30 a.m.

Dr. G. said my loss of appetite was fine, most likely a result of a super-crowded abdomen. He said as long as I take my vitamin's and stay hydrated nothing else really matters. My favorite line was when he asked, "who really needs an appetite anyway?"

So, that's that. I actually do not have another appointment until the 14th of July when I'll receive further instructions for the big day. Until then I'm good to go and if I happen to go into labor or my water breaks between now and then he said that would be just fine. So...here's to hoping!

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Glad to know everything's looking good!

pambelina said...

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday too! I think it's funny that we're do the EXACT same time. And both having boys! Opposite of you my weight was WAY up this week and the Doc said that it was all the water I am retaining. Lucky me!

Pam