Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Annual Vehicle Registration

I have created an incredibly detailed budget for Marcus and I to follow this summer as we're having to live on his PCS income only (for the first time of our entire marriage). So far, we have been doing a pretty good job of sticking to it and Marcus has been picking up overtime shifts to cover any shortfalls as well as expenses we did not originally foresee. Every time we think he has signed up for his last overtime shift we end up with another bill we weren't expecting or an expense we overlooked. It's amazing how many things come up when you're trying to live on a certain income.

Anyway, we had just gotten to the point where he had all the shifts he needed to cover the costs of our stinkin expensive pet deposit for this fall (because Bevo and Hemi refuse to pay it themselves) when our annual vehicle registration packet showed up in the mail. How could I forget about car registration, especially when it's as costly as it is here in Utah?! Oh well, life goes on and at least I have a husband willing to do what it takes to support us.

That's my rant for the day...the end.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

we had to pay our vehicle regestration this month too. Not fun. especially since the plan is to not stay here. when we move to another state we will have to pay registration again. ugh!

I am glad you are doing well with your budget though, even with all the extra expenses.

Unknown said...

So, why not just register it here in Texas instead of doing it twice? We actually have the insurance coverage on it here in Texas. When is it due? Or I guess you could wait to re-register it and drive around on Utah plates for a few months like my senior missionaries do.

Anna said...

We thought about it but can't register it in Texas without living there yet...we're going to just have Utah plates for a while to avoid paying twice.

Candace said...

I recently read a book that was funny but very inappropriate about hospitality(it's by Amy Sedaris--just to satisfy your curiosity). She said that when she got her pet rabbit, she told it that it would have to pay for itself. So she started selling cupcakes under the name of the rabbit. Maybe your animals need to start some of bakery for the neighbors. Or Connor, maybe he can start adding to his support. Just teasing, you're amazing for living on a budget--remember that.