Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

This year Marcus and I planned to make no plans for the fourth. I know that may kind of sound like we're party-poopers or something, but we we're so happy to have spent the day at home just relaxing. Marcus had worked through the night Thursday so he was nice and tired and Connor and I had a busy week of activities and were ready for a day of rest. Basically we napped as much as possible during the day.

The evening of the fourth we picked up my brother Matt and went to Coney's for some yummy hamburgers and custard. After we ate we headed up to the MTC playing fields (just East of Lavell Edwards Stadium) and watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks. Connor was so happy to run around on the grass for a bit and he LOVED the fireworks show. We spent an hour and a half on the road just trying to get home afterwards, but it was worth it.

Here are a few pictures from the evening:





3 comments:

Kristine said...

i love conners plaid shorts!

can you play Monday or Tuesday of next week? the kids and i are going to be in town and want to play. I will try to keep curtis from beating conner over the head with something this time.

Shirley said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the firework pictures. They turned out so well!Were they on a firework setting? The pictures of Connor are so cute!

Jennifer Clement said...

Wow, those firework pictures are great! Mine never seem to work out too well.